History of Connection Church
The Lifeway Years
The Guymon Foursquare Church has been in existence since the early 1920's. At it's inception it was known as "The Union Chapel". Della and Oscar Biggers, members of the church, went and attended L.I.F.E. Bible College. Upon graduating L.I.F.E. Bible College they returned to Guymon. As a result the Biggers requested that a representative of the Foursquare movement be sent to Guymon. Representatives of the Foursquare denomination came and evangelistic meetings were held and many were saved healed and delivered. These meetings gave the Biggers the opportunity to encourage the congregation of Union Chapel to become affiliated with the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel.
The first Foursquare pastors were Paul and Elaine White. Their ministry extended from February 1934 to about august 1937. During this time the church building was purchased and officially brought into the Foursquare denomination. Paul White developed dust pneumonia and was unable to continue pastoring the church. The church had several interim pastors until may of 1939.
In May of 1939 Rev. and Mrs. O.L. Duncan came to Guymon to pastor the church. They lived in the back rooms and basement of the church. During their time of ministry the church was chartered. That original charter document, signed by Aimee Semple McPherson, It still hangs in the Pastor's office. The Duncan's ministry at the church ended in 1942. From 1942 to 1947 the church had many pastors and interim pastors. The church also purchased a parsonage on James street.
In 1948 Ken and Anita Faulkner arrived to pastor the church. Durring their ministry they remodeled the church and repaired the parsonage. The 11th annual Southwestern Foursquare Convention was held in Guymon in 1952. A highlight of the convention was the dedication of the newly-remodeled church on April 1, 1952. The cornerstone was put in place by a former pastor, Rev. O.L. Duncan.
Rev. Jesse Pleasant was pastor of the church from June 1952 to January 1954. In February of 1954 Rev. and Mrs. C.A. Cauble arrived in Guymon. During their ministry they encouraged the church to participate in a community revival with the Pentecostal Holiness Church and Evangelist Leonard Carlson. The revival lasted for over six weeks.
In March of 1957 Rev, Fred Klingenmeier pastored the church for one year and in May of 1958 Phil and Lois Demetro came to pastor the church. They pastored here until October 1964. During this time the sanctuary platform was remodeled and a baptistry was added.
Rev. and Mrs. E.F. Pennick followed the Demetros and pastored form November 1964 to August 1966. In August of 1966 Rev. and Mrs. Alvin Clark enjoyed a long and fruitful ministry in Guymon. Alvin had a radio broadcast on KGYN and wrote many articles for the Religion page of the Guymon Daily Herald. During their ministry an active youth group was established, consistent missionary giving became the norm, financial support of the two Foursquare Bible Colleges was started, and the outreach ministry of sonshine began. During the last few years of their ministry the present parsonage on N. Oklahoma Street was purchased. When the Clarks left Rev. and Mrs. Grady Lenning served as interim pastors from March until May 1980.
Former Missionaries, Rev. and Mrs. Floyd Fruitiger, served as pastors from June 1980 until January 1983. The activity center was constructed during this time by the men of the church and the project was done debt free. The Pennicks returned as interim pastors in February of 1983 and was replaced in May of 1983 by Ron and Diane Isam. Pastor Ron and Diane remodeled the church sanctuary and pastored until the end of 1985. Since 1985 Randy and Doris Cook served as pastors for eight years; David and Nancy Stone, former missionaries to Venezuela, served for three years; Tim and Becky Brittain served as pastors from1996 to 2006.
Pastors Dallas and Melinda McGlasson became the Pastors of the Guymon Foursquare Church in March 2007. They are graduates of Victory Bible Institute in Tulsa, Ok. They received a degree in Pastoral and Worship Ministries. They are the proud parents of Isaiah, Grayson and Blake McGlasson. Pastors Dallas and Melinda are excited to see what the Lord has in store for the next chapter. They are ready to go the extra mile to help fulfill the vision that God has placed within their hearts. The church, under their leadership, has seen exponential growth and the church has relocated to a larger facility to accommodate that growth. Lifeway and Panhandle Bible Center blended their congregations on in 2018 and made a brand new church named Connection Church. This new work that God is doing is a great work and it is an exciting time to be a member of Connection Church! Connection Church is in process of continuing the work that PBC started many years ago through remodels and finishing the main sanctuary of the church.
The Panhandle Bible Center Years